Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough is vibrant with a strong international focus, a wealth of exporting knowledge and is open for business on a global scale. The borough has a population of 212,000 (the largest after Belfast). 63% of our population is aged 16-64 with this projected to increase 6 times faster than the national average. We are a bustling entrepreneurial area with more than 8,200 VAT registered businesses generating a GVA of £3.6bn per annum, 9.6% of Northern Ireland’s total GVA.
- We are the largest Council area outside of Belfast both in terms of population and economic activity/GVA output.
- We are a hub for the Life Sciences and Advanced Manufacturing sectors and are the food producing Heartland of Northern Ireland supporting many internationally recognised brands including Almac, Moy Park, Linwoods, Irwin’s, Ulster Carpets, Thompson Aeroseating and Fane Valley.
- We are officially home to the best place to live and work in Northern Ireland with affordable housing, low commuting times, high employment, low crime rates, good schools and local services with easy reach.
- With significant land zoned for economic development, a number of existing enterprise areas and our strategic location on the Belfast/Dublin and Belfast/Enniskillen economic corridors, we are ideally located both for inward investment and indigenous business growth.
- We have a solid skills base and a robust research and development focus, skills and apprenticeships provision. This is facilitated by the business led approach adopted by our schools and further education colleges.
Our location provides exceptional connectivity to the main economic centres in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, serviced by excellent road and rail infrastructures and in close proximity to Northern Ireland’s two main airports.
- M1 to Belfast City Centre – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- M1 to Dublin City Centre – 1 hour, 27 minutes
- George Best Belfast City Airport – 45 Minutes
- Belfast International Airport – 30 Minutes
- Dublin International Airport – 1 hour, 11 minutes
- High availability of superfast broadband across the Borough.
- Investments are continually being made by Central Government to increase the speed of broadband.
- The Borough is a hub for Project Kelvin, the innovative underwater high-speed broadband technology to North America.
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council area provides exceptional connectivity to the main economic centres in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, serviced by excellent road and rail infrastructures and close proximity to Northern Ireland’s two main airports.